21st century education integrates technologies, engaging students in ways not previously possible, creating new learning and teaching possibilities, enhancing achievement and extending interactions with local and global communities. MCEETYA – Contemporary Learning: Learning in an online World (2005)
At St Margaret's Primary School we believe that:
- All students can learn, and do so in a variety of ways.
- Meaningful educational technology integration is an essential element to learning in the 21st century.
- Effective teacher upskilling is important in raising competencies for all educators, students and parents.
- Technology is a tool that is one part of a quality learning process.
- Other effective pedagogical strategies need to work in conjunction with technology.
iPads are neither a substitute nor a replacement for the techniques and processes we are already using; they are a tool that can be used when they allow for outcomes to be achieved in ways not previously possible.